We provide traditional direct mailing services including design, data management and physical production. In addition, we create software for our clients’ use and create marketing databases from the data our clients supply. These databases belong to our clients. When requested, we hold those databases online and provide access to our clients and their customers.
It is Forth’s policy to ensure that customer information is kept private and secure at all times and treated in the strictest of confidence. We do not sell or rent any information gathered about customers (whether gathered on line or via our normal working relationship) without your express permission.
What personal data do we collect?
We may collect personal data such as your name, company position, address, telephone number, mobile number, email address, age, IP address, and account usernames.
How do you use my personal data?
- as required to establish and fulfill a contract with you, for example, if you make a purchase from us or enter into an agreement to provide or receive services. This may include verifying your identity, taking payments, communicating with you, providing customer services and arranging the delivery or other provision of products or services. We require this information in order to enter into a contract with you and are unable to do so without it;
- to comply with applicable law and regulation;
- in accordance with our legitimate interests in protecting Forth’s legitimate business interests and legal rights, including but not limited to, use in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation);
- with your express consent to respond to any comments or complaints we may receive from you, and/or in accordance with our legitimate interests including to investigate any complaints received from you or from others, about our website or our products or services;
- we may use information you provide to personalise (i) our communications to you; (ii) our website; and (iii) products or services for you, in accordance with our legitimate interests;
- to monitor use of our websites and online services. We may use your information to help us check, improve and protect our products, content, services and websites, both online and offline, in accordance with our legitimate interests;
- if you provide a credit or debit card, we may also use third parties (such as POS payment providers) to check the validity of the sort code, account number and card number you submit in order to prevent fraud, in accordance with our legitimate interests and those of third parties;
- we may monitor any customer account to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime, in accordance with applicable law and our legitimate interests;
- in circumstances where you contact us by telephone, calls may be recorded for quality, training and security purposes, in accordance with our legitimate interests; and
- we may use your information to invite you to take part in market research or surveys.
Browsing our site
Every time you connect to the site, we store a log of your visit that shows the unique identifier of your machine. This tells us what your machine has looked at, whether the page request was successful or not and which browser your machine used to view the pages. This data is used for statistical purposes as well as to help customise the user experience as you browse the Site and subsequently interact with ourselves. This helps us to understand which areas of the site are of particular interest, which pages are not being requested, and how many people are visiting the site in total. It also helps us to determine which products and services may be of specific interest to you. We may also use this information to block IP addresses where there is a breach of the Terms and Conditions for use of the site.
If you are making a job application or enquiry, you may provide us with a copy of your CV or other relevant information. We may use this information for the purpose of considering your application or inquiry. You are consenting to us sharing this information with third parties for the specific purpose of managing our recruitment activities which may store data outside the UK. Except when you explicitly request otherwise, we may keep this information on file for future reference.
If you obtain products or services from us, we may use your contact details for the purposes of (i) providing training, customer support and account management, (ii) order processing and billing, (iii) verifying your usage of the products and services in accordance with the terms and conditions of your agreement with us, (iv) carrying out end user compliance checks for export control purposes; (v) issuing license expiry, renewal and other related notices; and (vi) maintaining our company accounts and records.
Product and service related data
If you use our services, such as For-Files, For-Mail, For-Sight and OptEnrol, we may collect the following types of information: (i) browser type, browser version, and operating systems being used; (ii) page load times; (iii) customer username; and (iv) IP address of the machine undertaking that session.
We may use such information for purposes which include but are not limited to:
- providing the products/services and any associated maintenance and technical support;
- providing incident and other alerts, and information about product upgrades, updates, renewals and product lifecycle changes;
- providing maintenance and technical support;
- providing information about product upgrades, updates and renewals;
- generating logs, statistics and reports on service usage, and service performance;
- evaluating, developing and enhancing products, services, and our infrastructure;
- planning development roadmaps and product lifecycle strategies;
Certain services may include features that collect additional personal data for other purposes, as described below. For detailed information, please also refer to the applicable product or service description.
If you participate in surveys, we may use your personal data to carry out market research. This research is conducted for our internal business and training purposes and will improve our understanding of our users’ demographics, interests and behaviour.
Marketing and promotions
We may contact you from time to time in order to provide you with information about products and services that may be of interest to you. All marketing emails that we send to you will follow the email guidelines described below. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
We adhere to the following guidelines in relation to our email communications:
- emails will clearly identify us as the sender;
- emails sent to you for marketing purposes will include an option to unsubscribe from future email messages;
- you may unsubscribe from all mailing lists, with the exception of any emails regarding legal notices, invoicing, or license renewals;
- any third parties who send emails on our behalf will be required to comply with legislative requirements on unsolicited emails and the use of personal data;
We send emails from a number of different domains in both plain text and HTML email formats. Emails are usually sent using sender email addresses at:
@forth.co.uk, @optenrol.co.uk and @for-sight.co.uk
If you receive an email which claims to come from us but does not use these domains, or if you are suspicious that an email may not be approved by us, then please send a copy of the email to ITSecurity@forth.co.uk so we can investigate.
With whom might we share your personal data?
Forth provide services that use services provided by third-parties. When you give us personal data, that data will be used, processed or stored within the EU.
In the event that we receive requests from government departments, agencies or other official bodies, we will only disclose your information if and to the extent that we believe we are legally required to do so (for example, but without limitation, upon receipt of a court order, warrant, subpoena or equivalent).
Except as set out above, we will not disclose your personal data save where we need to do so in order to enforce our rights.
We endeavour to hold all personal data securely in accordance with our internal security procedures and applicable law.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any other network can be guaranteed as 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal data, we cannot ensure and do not warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and this information is transmitted at your own risk.
If you have been given log-in details to provide you with access to web hosted services (for example For-Sight, OptEnrol and For-Files), you are responsible for keeping those details confidential.
This is the website of Forth Communication Ltd, company registration number SC 114093 whose registered office is at Forth Communication Ltd, 1st Floor, Hanover House, 45 Hanover Street, Edinburgh, EH2 2PJ and whose VAT registration number is GB 553 7471 27.
If you want to request any information about your personal data or believe that we are holding incorrect personal data on you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and request an information request form. We will comply with the requirements of GDPR and ensure that these requests are dealt within in accordance to these requirements.
Notification of changes
©2022 For-Sight Software Limited 2021. Incorporated in Scotland (SC114093) Registered Office: 61 Dublin Street, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH3 3NL